What is Designing Our Future all about?
Designing Our Future is national online conversation for NHS finance professionals, to explore how we can become stronger, radically improve citizens lives, and understand the support needed to make this happen.
Who should get involved?
If you work in NHS finance in England, we would love to hear from you. Watch this video to find out more about the project
What is the product that will be delivered from this conversation?
This online workshop is a safe, anonymous space where all Finance professionals in the NHS, can come together to co-create a shared vision for the NHS Finance function as well as seeking your input into key questions about how we can improve what we deliver, how we deliver it and the impact we can have on patients through our work.
Our aim is to:
- co-create a shared vision for the NHS finance community and the impact you wish to have
- identify how we can work better together as a finance community in the NHS
- develop a clear understanding of the support you need to do your jobs effectively and make a difference and a a shared agreement on the commitments that finance professionals need to make in order to achieve that vision
- develop a clear strategy for attracting, retaining and developing talent in the NHS finance community.
How do I participate?
The rules are simple:
- Personal comments, either by naming individuals, or comments which make identifying individuals possible should not be made and will be taken down by Clever Together, the site moderators.
- Abusive or offensive content will not be tolerated and Clever Together will contact you if this is the case.
- Clever Together work independently and will not share instances when they have had to contact users.
- The platform is intended to be an open and transparent platform for anyone working in or with NHS finance. No comments will be removed because moderators do not like them or they are perceived to be in bad taste. They will only be removed if they are deemed abusive or offensive.
- If you don’t like a comment or idea which you think is in bad taste, just hit the thumbs down button!
- If you see a post that causes you concern please hit the report button and let the facilitators know.
Who can I contact to learn more about this work?
The project is led by Future Focused Finance. For more information about this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I contact if I am having difficulty with this website?
The platform is provided by our independent partners, Clever Together. If you’re having difficulty using the platform, or experience any problems, please email them directly at email@example.com - they'll respond promptly.
If you would like to know more about Clever Together please visit www.clevertogether.com.
How does the platform for the online conversation work?
The platform works a bit like a physical conversation or workshop, but unlike a typical physical conversation the online workshop uses a digital crowdsourcing approach - a virtual room in which all eligible participants can join in from any internet-connected device to have their voice heard, over a three week period, any time day or night.
Will my comments on the platform be anonymous?
Any contributions you submit in the discussion platform will be visible to others taking part in the conversation. However, your personal details will not be visible on the platform - your information will not be shown next to any of your ideas, comments or votes. This means your ideas will be treated by other participants based on their merit, not based on who you are.
How is the online conversation analysed?
All contributions, no matter how large or small, will be downloaded by Clever Together for analysis. They will then develop an iterative coding frame and use qualitative thematic analysis to identify key themes and trends. Clever Together will produce a summary report to represent the views from the online conversation, highlighting main areas of discussion, strength of opinion and outlining recommendations.
Who will know if I take part in the online workshop and what I've said?
The online debates are managed by Clever Together and no one will be able to identify you, not even the Clever Together team unless you share any personal, abusive or offensive content. We welcome uncomfortable and controversial ideas but personal, abusive or offensive content will not be tolerated and Clever Together will contact you if this is the case. Clever Together work independently and will not share instances when they have had to contact users.
What will you do with my personal data?
How will the conversation be moderated?
This online workshop is being facilitated by an independent organisation called Clever Together. In order to facilitate the conversation the team may need to:
- Merge some ideas that have similar content. When two ideas are merged, all votes and comments are transferred to the new idea and the title may be reworded to better capture its essence.
- Split some ideas that contain discuss multiple topics in one post. If your post contains more than one idea, the facilitation team may choose to break the post up into multiple posts.
- Deal with inappropriate contributions. If contributions are reported to the facilitators as being inappropriate or offensive the moderators may remove an idea or comment.
If a facilitator has made any changes to your idea/comment you be sent an automated response to explain what has happened - this email will be sent by the system and we won't know who you are.